Re: Image store problem in Odoo

+1 I have the same problem with the marketplace module in communityTools. We need to have pictures displayed on the announcements, and I really don't want to store them in database.

I worked on the problem three month ago, and at this time the problem was : There was no way to store the content of binary fields on the ir.attachments, and thus store the content in filesystem. When you set the ir_location key in system configuration, ir.attachments are correctly stored in filesystem, the problem is really the fact that there is no link between binary fields and ir.attachments.

I tried to make a workaround in my module, please see http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~yannick-buron/openerp-communitytools/trunk/view/head:/marketplace/marketplace.py starting line 173. It almost work, the content is stored in filesystem, but unfortunately then it's not displayed back correctly on the form in the picture widget. I only spent some hours on this problem, so maybe there is little to correct to make it works.

This was an issue three month ago, with the ecommerce module I really hope that Odoo SA worked on this because having such limitations on binary fields is really a pain. Does someone have some news regarding this matter?

Yannick.