Re: sale_split_bom and anglosaxon accounting

Hi Eric,

You might want to use cost_incl_bom module here :

https://launchpad.net/margin-analysis

This will compute for you the cost of the kit, regardless it is standard or
avg cost.

You can then base your entries on that. If not working out-of-the-box, I
suggest to add the missing part in a module that depend on both
sale_bom_split and cost_incl_com => so we rely on existing work.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Joël

On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 4:30 PM, Eric Caudal <eric.caudal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>  Hi,
> this set of module allows you to order a kit and to have the parts in the
> stock moves through a Phantom BOM. This is currently not compatible with
> the anglosaxon accounting logic. This is due mainly because in our case we
> spread the costs on the parts while the invoice is on the kit. When the
> accounting moves are generated at sales invoice OE takes into account the
> cost of the kits (in our case 0).
> We are currently using standard cost so I might have 2 options:
> - have the cost on kit (for accounting entries) AND parts (for stock
> valuation). This is burdensome but possible
> - develop a new function for the accounting entries where: if there is
> phantom BoM I take the sum of the parts for the move instead of the SC of
> the Kit.
> Any idea what would be best?
>
> Currently I have actually no idea on how to make it work for average
> cost...
>
> --
>
> Eric Caudal*CEO*
> --*Elico Corporation, Shanghai branch
> Odoo Premium Certified Training Partner
> *Cell: + 86 186 2136 1670
> Office: + 86 21 6211 8017/27/37
> Skype: elico.corperic.caudal@elico-corp.comhttp://www.elico-corp.com
>
> *Elico Corp is best Partner Odoo 2014 for Asia-Pacific*
> *Remember: with version 8, OpenERP becomes Odoo!*
> [image: Elico Corp] [image: Odoo Silver Partner]

*camptocamp*
INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS
BY OPEN SOURCE EXPERTS

*Joël Grand-Guillaume*