Individual column filtering in Odoo

Hello community, I'm currently in the research stage of a feature I would
like to add to Odoo, what I want to do is add a search field on each column
of the list view, here is an example :[image: Inline image 1]
Here is the URL of the library
https://datatables.net/examples/api/multi_filter.html

The odoo team already did some improvements on the search Omnibox:
[image: Inline image 2]
This is a great feature, but I still think that can it can get better it
feels really weird clicking on a dropdown and suddenly seeing a stripe
appearing on the top of the list (maybe a search icon on the header will
make it more natural), dont get me wrong, current filtering works fine and
the Odoo team is focused in making thinks simple, a single search box is a
good choice for new users, this is because they are not familiar with the
UI, but what about users that know they data?, users that already know the
UI, these users need to focus on the data itself, so using live filtering
on text boxes on each column header seems to me like a way to go.

Something like this:
[image: Inline image 1]

I know it won't apply for all type of fields (Computed, Property and
Related), but what about having all fields searchable by default?, It will
make the module development process simpler, no need to declare where I can
or cannot search.

What do you think about it?
What is the reason why Odoo team does not include this kind of search as a
main feature?
Does anybody has done something like this?

I really don't want to start this without your feedback, I might be wrong
or not, but your opinion will help me to decide.

Best regards.

--

Oscar Alcalá
*+52-312-107-1704* · oscar@xxxxxxxxxx