Re: Multi-company cost calculation

Hi Eric,

I think the problem is the performance issue... The property field are
perfo killer and as this module adds quite lots of read in lot's of places,
we already spend time to make it as quick as possible.

A part from that, I agree on the principle, because of course a same
product should not have the same costing method in each company...

So, our options:

1) Make different product for each company when costing method isn't the
same

2) Add this cost_method field as a property and test it among lots of
products and move to ensure it's ok. If yes includer in the price_history
module

3) Add this cost_method field as a property in a separate module, letting
the us possibility to chose wether to include it or not. I would see this
module in the same margin-analysis branch and would love to see a comment
in the description of the price_history about that new module.

My2cents,

Joël

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 2:13 AM, Eric Caudal <eric.caudal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>  Hi,
> Currently Odoo 7 doesnot handle properly 2 type of costing for separate
> companies inside the same instance (average cost for company A and standard
> cost for company B for example).
>
> We are using the product_price_history module for multi-company price
> logging: would it be a good idea to change the cost_method to property
> field within this module?
>
> What would be the impact on performance?
> What would be the alternative?
> --
>
> Eric Caudal*CEO*
> --*Elico Corporation, Shanghai branch
> Odoo Premium Certified Training Partner
> *Cell: + 86 186 2136 1670
> Office: + 86 21 6211 8017/27/37
> Skype: elico.corperic.caudal@elico-corp.comhttp://www.elico-corp.com
>
> *Elico Corp is best Partner Odoo 2014 for Asia-Pacific*
> *Remember: with version 8, OpenERP becomes Odoo!*
> [image: Elico Corp] [image: Odoo Silver Partner]

*camptocamp*
INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS
BY OPEN SOURCE EXPERTS

*Joël Grand-Guillaume*