Re: Odoo Community News and Ideas

*Hello Fabien*

thanks for the news. Some comments inline.

Hello,

> I'd like to thank everyone who participated to the Odoo Open Days a few weeks ago. The event was great and it was a pleasure to meet you there, to share knowledge and to learn from what people are doing with Odoo.
>
> The quality of the Odoo community is incredible and the Open Days
> perfectly reflected this.
>
> You can find photos, statistics, videos and slides of the Open Days 2014 here:https://www.odoo.com/event/OpenDays-2014-5/page/website_event.Introduction-OpenDays
>
> You can get statistics about the event here:https://magic.piktochart.com/output/2170040-open-days-2014
>
> As said above, the community is one of the biggest strength of Odoo.
>
> Here are a few news and ideas on how we can improve collaboration in the future with the community:
> **Community Q&A**
>
> When we launched the new Odoo.com website, we replaced our Q&A website (based on Askbot, Drupal) with a new Odoo module. Since this launch, the community forum's activity increased by 35% with 2.183 posts in june, compared to an average of 1.618 posts per month over the past 3 months.
>
> But the most interesting part is that the growth is thanks to an increase of the number of answers, not the number of questions. In june
>
> 2014, more answers have been posted than questions. (1.213 answers for 970 questions.)
>
> 15.294 questions were asked over the past 16 months and 60% of these questions have an answer. 970 questions were asked in june 2014 and 890 of them have at least one answer. This gives us a 92% answer rate in june, a huge improvement compared to previous months! We can expect the forum to stick to a 85% answer rate in the future.
>
> ​Does this reflect accepted answers, or just answers (which could also be
something else, but a correct answer)?​

> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hIUHwkc6wOckHHAGmHgunKTljrAN8_Bzbhkfpmvcl48/edit?usp=sharing
>
> On top of this, the Odoo Q&A application has been improved and new features will appear at the next SaaS upgrade. We have added some new features, such as: convert an answer to a comment, convert a comment to an answer, better karma handling, etc.
>
> ​One feature badly missing to avoid redundancy is an intelligent search
mechanism to propose you questions already asked at the moment of typing a
question. Has this been acknowledged?​
Another feature is a "cleaner" presentation of questions and answers.. The
present css is somewhat "unlucky".

> **Functional Documentation: How-Tos**
>
> We started a new functional documentation for version 8. Over the past month, we already wrote 70 how-tos. You can have a look at the new functional documentation here:
>   - https://www.odoo.com/forum/how-to
>
> We also worked on a collaborative process allowing everyone to
> contribute to the official documentation. The documentation is built on top of the best Questions in the Q&A, allowing everyone to contribute by creating or modifying questions. (you need to have a karma above 200)
>
> Then, our documentation team follows an editorial process to improve the content. You can get more information about this new community flow here:
>   - http://www.slideshare.net/openobject/odoo-presentation-documentation-v8
>
> ​I think, although not providing documentation at its best possible
structure and form, I'm quite happy about this, as it assures a "rolling"
documentation​ which will be more or less up to date.. Very nice approach.

> **We need your feedback**
>
> In addition to our efforts to improve the "How-tos", we are also
> thinking about integrating a deployment guide in the application.
>
> This will answer the "What to do", not the "How to do". Every application will have its own guide to help new users understand what to do. Here is the initial draft mockup for the CRM application. It describes what to do to improve sales efficiency:
>   - http://qf6iua.axshare.com/sales_planner_v2.html
>
> Please take a few minutes to review this mockup and send your feedback to Lionel, one of our usability experts: lie@xxxxxxxx
>
> Every feedback is important:
>  - Wording/copywriting improvements
>  - Will it help new users to understand how to deploy a CRM?
>  - Is it clear enough? Would you use it for your customes?
>
> Note: Some "Contact us" boxes only appear if the customer have the 24/24 support option as a part of his Odoo Enterprise contract. (like SaaS customers)
>
> ​I suppose a dynamic mockup was the idea to give feedback on. I just get a
static page on the link.​ There is not much to say rather than it is a nice
green useful tooltip without typos. ;)