Odoo v8 vs. saas-6 vs. OCB v8: What's the difference?

I posted this on the odoo help site but would love the input of this group.

Odoo v8 vs. saas-6 vs. OCB v8: What's the difference?
<https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/odoo-v8-vs-saas-6-vs-ocb-v8-whats-the-difference-58606>

Can someone explain the difference between odoo v8 vs. saas-6 vs. OCB v8?

*odoo v8*: https://github.com/odoo/odoo/tree/8.0
*saas-6*: Does not yet exist until v8 has been released.
*OCB v8*: https://github.com/OCA/OCB/tree/8.0

I know that odoo v8 is the official release, saas-6 is the web saas version
and that OCB is the community version with community bug fixes that may not
have been accepted by odoo.  But can someone explain the
benefits/disadvantages of using one over the other.  Are there minor
version upgrade scripts built into each version?  Can I use the saas
versions?  Does OCB version their releases and include upgrade scripts?

I would just like to understand each version more.  Thanks for your input!

--Stephen

Follow ups