Re: Track datamodel changes

Hi,

Another way is to extract the schema with RPC (with a tool like OERPLib). I just wrote a POC script here:
https://gist.github.com/sebalix/8cb0acc2cff419f4529e

First, install OERPLib:

	$ pip install oerplib

Then edit the header data of the script for connection data to Odoo.
Generate the reference scheme:

	$ ./dump_schema.py > s1.json

Make another dump later:

	$ ./dump_schema.py > s2.json

And compare them:

	$ ./dump_schema.py s1.json s2.json

The output will look like this:

---- ADDED ----
    - product.attribute.renamed

---- REMOVED ----
    - product.attribute

---- MODIFIED ----
    - account.move.line.reconcile.select
        A  account_id2
        R  account_id
        M  create_uid
            M  string (u'Created by2' => u'Created by')
    - email_template.preview
        M  sub_object
            M  store (False => True)

Regards,

Le 06/08/2014 21:16, David Arnold - El Alemán a écrit :
*Hi People*
*
*
I want to keep track on any db-changes realized on the database coloums
during this last development phase until V8 stable is released.

I thought of something with grep and some magical statements (I surely
would not quite understand). Does anyone have an idea how to accomplish
this? Or is there any best practice arround?

*
​Thanks & kind regards
*