Re: About Magento Connector, Intercompany Process and EDI

Hi Eric,

I rapidly read through your specs, that's a terrible beast that you are willing to overcome ;-)

But it's also something that would interest many people I guess.

My impression is that the connector is a good foundation to build such an intercompany connector. It could ease the development with the jobs, the events, the possibility to change the behavior according to the type and version of the backend (with a hierarchy), ...

However, I fear that it won't help much for the problems you actually incur like the ACL issues. Another potential issue you should be very vigilant with is the synchronization loop, but I think you already took care of that in your current solution.

If I had to develop something like that today, I would use the connector framework.

Best,

--
Guewen Baconnier
Business Solutions Software Developer