From: Openerp-connector-community
[mailto:openerp-connector-community-bounces+rcarnes=ursainfosystems.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Guewen
Baconnier
Sent: Sunday, November 17, 2013 10:57 PM
To: Eric Caudal; openerp-connector-community@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; openerp-expert-accounting; Frédéric Clementi
Subject: Re: [Openerp-connector-community] [Openerp-expert-accounting] About Prepayment in ecommerce workflow

Hi,

On 11/16/2013 09:28 AM, Eric Caudal wrote:
> Hi,
> There is an aspect of OpenERP which seems to not very well implemented
> while it is wildly spread in accounting practices: prepayment treatment.
> In many countries (all?), prepayment accounts have to be different from
> the AR/AP general account for the mere reason that they are on the other
> side of the BS. This behavior is at least true in China, NZ, UK, AU and
> probably in any anglo-saxon accounting countries.
>
> We have created a simple module for this (
> https://apps.openerp.com/apps/7.0/account_prepayment) to create a
> separate property for AR and AP prepayments. In every implementation I
> have in accounting, the prepayment strategy is a problem in standard
> implementation that we can solve with this very simple module (my point
> is that this module or similar should be actually a standard module).
>
> In ecommerce sales strategy where payment is made on website, we can
> rely on several modules such as sale_payment_method and
> sale_automatic_workflow to automate the payment. Nevertheless, they rely
> on the AR account to create the prepayment transaction which in my
> opinion is not correct.
> NB: This could probably be even more complex as for certain payment
> method, account should "Uncleared Payments".

Not sure about that here... Frédéric's opinion is welcome :-)

> I am thinking of adapting the sale_payment_method to make it dependent
> on the account_prepayment and add a tickbox "Use prepayment accounts" in
> payment method and automatic_payment method.

I think that's not the correct way: you should rather create a third
module with 'auto_install' on "account_prepayment" and
"sale_payment_method", so when both are installed you get the tickbox
"Use prepayment accounts".

--
Guewen Baconnier
Business Solutions Software Developer