Re: Multi-company and update stock level

Hi,

At least for sales orders, we can use the company on the magento.store
(thus sale.shop), it would simplify the configuration. If the company
is necessary for models which are not linked to a store but only to a
website, the company would become necessary on the website though. Do
you know which models may need a company?

I had this exact same problem on a custom connector recently, and I
think it can be resolved in a generic manner. Here is an excerpt of
this connector with the interesting parts:
http://hastebin.com/copageqodo.py

What you will see:
 - I added a 'connector_user_id' m2o on company to a user
 - In the base importer, I extracted an '_import()' method so I can inherit it
 - And the clever part: in the importers requiring to import records
in the context of a company, I switch to the user configured on the
company (with self.session.change_user(user.id):)

I think that we need to have dedicated users for the companies so we
are sure that the appropriate properties, record rules and so on are
applied. It needs a bit of configuration though.
To be generic, we would need to allow to have *no* connector user
configured on companies, in that case it would mean that we are not in
a multi-company environment (simple case).

Regarding the export of stock level, each time it is ran, it updates a
field on magento.product.product with the current quantity and if it
has changed since the last update, it delays an export job. I don't
remember exactly but as I write it now, it seems related to 1 company
(warehouse configured on the magento backend?), but it also seems to
me that Magento only accept one global stock level.

Wish you a happy new year,

Guewen

Guewen Baconnier
Business Solutions Software Developer