Re: Documentation

On 01/15/2014 02:33 AM, Mike Lindsay wrote:
I'm not much of a programmer, but I do setup servers often.  Was reading
through the documentation found here;
http://openerp-magento-connector.com/guides/installation_guide.html and
one thing really sticks out to me:

    The installation steps assume that you already have a working
    OpenERP setup with all the OpenERP pre-requisites.

Seeings how I am having issues installing the first module (bug
submitted here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/openerp-connector/+bug/1269208), thought I
better double check those requirements, but I'm unsure what or where
they are! :)

The installation of OpenERP in itself deserves a full documentation and even several: it can be installed in very different ways (using packages, buildout, ...). But it should be part of the OpenERP documentation [0]. We have a documentation for the installation with buildout: http://openerp-magento-connector.com/project/contribute.html#installation-with-buildout

The documentation for the installation of the modules in themselves could be a bit more verbose. After downloading the branches, you need to start OpenERP with all the branches in the --addons-path, ie: --addons-path /path/to/branch1,/path/to/branch2,...

I'm not sure to understand what you did with your installation.

Is it possible to contribute to the documentation?

For sure. You can propose merges on the branch ]1]

And continue to give your feedbacks here.

Thanks!

Mike

Thanks for your feedback!

[0] https://doc.openerp.com/install/#installation-link