Re: Information about file import in connector

Hi Franco,

Thanks for your interest.

Short answer: yes, I think mixing openerp_connector_file with ea_import is
possible, and a good idea, too.

in openerp_connector_file we split the csv file in chunks, where each chunk
can be imported separately (in my case, each chunk is a complete
account.move). For data that can be imported line by line, this step is
trivial: you can generate one chunk per line.

Then, for the actual import, if you look in our code, we simply call the
method load() to use the standard import of OpenERP, and that can be
changed to use another importer like ea_import instead.

We tried to make the whole thing very detached and modular, so something
like what you want to do should be possible indeed.

If you decide to go down that route, feel free to ask more information. I
prefer to use the public list where possible, but no problem to have a
quick phonecall in Italian if need be.

Best,
Leonardo