Setup for unit tests?

Hi all,

Today I've tried to run unit tests for the connector and magento
connector, following the buildout recipe [1]. I have managed to get a
running OpenERP server, but I can't get the 'oe' tool or the unit tests
to work because they ignore the database connection settings in
etc/openerp.cfg (and buildout.cfg). Setting the database setting
directly in 'openerpcommand/run_tests.py' leads to other strange bugs
about models that cannot be found.
Am I missing some obvious configuration setting for oe/the tests?

Thanks your help.

Best,
 Thomas.

[1] http://openerp-magento-connector.com/project/contribute.html