Re: DropShip Products - Disable Stock Sync Per Produt?

On 04/26/2014 10:11 PM, Damo and Susie wrote:
> Guys,
>
> I’d like to re-ignite the discussion on this as I think it is genuinely a important feature. Thanks to Markus’ advice we are experimenting with sale_dropshipping - but any dropship (or back to back ordering) scenario would rely on being able to disable the stock sync on a per product basis. We now have untrue stock quantities in our warehouse module to prevent items going out of stock on Magento/M2E - but this means our stock management/warehouse is not effective.
>
> I know several people are interested in this feature. Markus proposes it would cost 440 EUR (4hr @ 110 EUR per hour) to develop a switch in Open to disable stock sync on certain products, which is maybe a little too much money for us to justify as a whole - but we’d be happy to make a part/significant investment here. Are there any other takers to crowdfund?
>
> Gwen; Any thoughts on this being in the core? :-)
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> dk

Hi,

Yes, I would accept to merge a proposal adding a 'no_stock_sync' boolean
field on the 'magento_product_product' model. The field would simply
totally exclude the product from stock synchronizations.

I can also give insights or pointers if someone starts to work on that.