From: "Damian Kuczera" <damoandsusie@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Landis Arnold" <larnold@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: openerp-connector-community@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2014 8:01:25 PM
Subject: Re: [Openerp-connector-community] Shipping Method Not Shown For Official Magento/eBay Integration Module Orders

Hi Landis,

RE the m2epro code how many shipment methods do you have? We have 2 ebay shops, each with 6 different shipping methods - but only one m2e code. So currently on every order we still have to check Magento (or ebay) for the rate used. m2e is not ideal but it is free and the developers (like here) are quick to respond. No experience of Amazon on it yet as we hope to open our Amazon shop imminently. How does your amazon process work?

This is a really interesting point RE codes outbound and one I'm currently trying to fix. For an m2e order seeing the shipping method purchased is a problem, but as you say returning the final delivery method with tracking number back to Magento seems to be a problem for even Magento orders. e.g on Magento the customers orders 'Other 24 Hour Courier' but I ship the item via 'UPS'... ideally we would ship via the Magento UPS method so the backend tracking link works... but it seems the carrier is ignored and just the tracking data is uploading.

I know Magento allows a different carrier between sales order and delivery order since prior to integration we used freeshipping and then shipped via the ups method.

The connector documents advise about setting carriers and shipping codes, but this only seems to work for order download and is ignored on shipping the order in Open to Magento. There doesn't seem to be a way of specifying the carrier when shipping an item. Possibly another limitation of the Magento API?

Do you find the same? :-)

Regards,
Damian