Re: connector-magento-php-extension repositorie

On 11/12/2014 08:36 PM, Markus Schneider wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i saw: https://github.com/OCA/connector-magento-php-extension
>
> what is the goal? Should we add their only extension or can we handle as
> well the Openlabs Magento module?
> Because we fix a bug on Magento side [1] and have no response so it
> seems like that they are not active maintain.
>
> I don't want to have a fork but building on unmaintained code is bad and
> a risk. So maybe we should contact the developer. Or maybe their is a
> new location here [2] ?
>
> Then should we update the installation guide [3] but this is not update
> for our moving to github as well, so i create a issue [4]
>
> Kind Regards
>
> Markus
>
> p.s.: Sorry this emails reads like a self conversation, so maybe a short
> update what this repository is about and someone knows more where the
> Openlabs magento module was maintained?
>
> [1]
> https://code.launchpad.net/~initos.com/magentoerpconnect/magento-module-oerp6.x-stable-fix_inventory_sync_for_old_magentos/+merge/218374
> [2] https://github.com/openlabs/magento-core-api-extension
> [3] http://odoo-magento-connector.com/guides/installation_guide.html
> [4] https://github.com/OCA/connector-magento/issues/64

Hi Markus,

Firstly, I merged the merge proposal. Some people including me have the
commit rights, but are not actively following the Launchpad activity
since we moved all the other things to GitHub. So do not hesitate to
send a note as you did here. I wanted to add you in the team on
Launchpad but it appears that I am not an administrator of the team so I
can't; Raphaël Valyi if ever you read this, could you add me as admin
please?

Concerning the PHP module, some considerations:

 * The existing module is crap according to some Magento developers who
I believe willingly
 * The original authors are generally hostile to the odoo's world
(reminds the sorry openerp campaign)
 * We would need their agreement to move the code in the OCA's repositories

Based on that, either we keep the old module, but outside of the OCA,
either we rewrite it. I just spoke 2 days ago with a customer who is
willing to rewrite it properly (that's why we created the repo on
GitHub), I will keep you posted.

--
Guewen Baconnier
Business Solutions Software Developer