why marketplaces connectors are abandonned ?

Hi

I'm an experienced Linux sysadmin, now starting a bookstore.

I'm currently using Magento. But I would prefer to use Odoo for website,
marketplaces connections and ERP functions.

I browsed all the connectors projects for OpenERP and Amazon / Ebay.

I would like to understrand why OpenERP - marketplaces connectors were
abandonned in favor of Magento and Prestashop connectors. Because there is a
lot of requests for direct marketplaces connections in various forums. And
because, while Magento connector is certainly a good project, Magento is a
nightmares for small merchants team (but a breeze for developers).

Regards
Xavier