Odoo Magento Connector / Add a reordering rule for each imported product

Hello,

We need to add a default re-ordering rule for each imported product using
the "Odoo Magento Connector". So, I guess I need to modify the "Product
Import" behavior to achieve this.

I created a module to customize the connector. Now, I am reading the
following article for help
(
https://www.odoo.com/documentation/8.0/reference/orm.html#module-openerp.api
)

Under the CRUD section, it is mentioned that we can use "create(vals)"
method to create a new record for the model.

How can I use the "create(vals)" method in my custom module to create a
re-ordering rule automatically after importing a product?

Note: The stock_warehouse_orderpoint table is used to store the reordering
rules.

Thank you very much for your anticipated help.

Best regards,
Ahmed Ababneh

Follow ups