Re: Font issues with new design.

On 2010-07-22, at 13:20 , Amit Mendapara wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have observed that the new design is created keeping some proprietary
> fonts in mind. These fonts are generally not installed on Linux and even
> Windows. The designer has used `font-weight: 600` which is not available to
> most of the opensource or default sans-serif fonts.
Different browsers/OS might have different thresholds, but under OSX a font-weight of 600 is equivalent to "bold" (thus "fonr-weight: 600" could probably be replaced by "font-weight: bold", YMMV)

> This is creating issues
> with small font size. Here I am attaching a screenshot taken with Google
> Chrome.

If you have better system fonts which mesh well with the design, you shouldn't hesitate to edit the CSS and fix it.

> I propose using some open source or free font so that the design
> looks constant on all the systems ans web browser. May be using
> http://code.google.com/webfonts would be a better idea.

That I don't think is a good idea. If only because there is no reason or mandate for the OpenERP users to have internet access when they access the OpenERP client. Thus we'll still have to find a good-looking system font to fall back on.