Re: lp:~openerp-dev/openobject-client/duplication_of_ir.filters into lp:openobject-client

> Case 1:Context not updated
>        Step 1:create a filter on SO say group by customer. Save this filter as
> 'Filter A'
>        Step 2: now clear everything and execute the 'Filter A'.
>        Step 3: add new Domain to this filter by pressing 'To invoice' button.
>        Step 4: save the filter. you will be prompted with 'Filter A' name
> click ok to save. IMHO This
>                should add the new Domain to the 'Filter A'.
>        Step 5: clear everything. and execute 'Filter A'. You will see the
> Group by has Disappeared,
>                only the domain is there in 'Filter A'.

Yes, good point: when calling create_or_replace() the domain and context passed should be the full domain and context currently applied, so it needs to be merged with the domain and context from the selected filter if there is one.

> Case 2:After Saving the filter the combobox should show the newly created
> filter Name as selected because the records are shown in the list view with
> the newly created filter.

Ah yes, why not. In fact the search fields will also contain the current filter if it is a new one, but the worst that can happen is that the domain that is passed to search() will have duplicated entries, which is ok I guess.. (cleaning duplicate entries is not trivial)
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~openerp-dev/openobject-client/duplication_of_ir.filters/+merge/35990
Your team OpenERP R&D Team is subscribed to branch lp:~openerp-dev/openobject-client/duplication_of_ir.filters.