Re: [Merge] lp:~openerp-dev/openobject-client-web/export into lp:openobject-client-web

> Conclusion what I understood: If xlwt is not installed then only CSV option will be there and as boolean option "Excel" option will be available. When user will click for Excel then error message will raise "Please Install xlwt Library ......". RIGHT ??

I don't think so, I'd rather have no option at all if only CSV export is available, an option for which you can't make any choice is useless cognitive burden for the user.

I will ask Aline about it though, just to be sure.

> If we import xlwt to the top level, then how will we check that it is installed or not ?

try:
    import xlwt
    xls_export_available = True
except ImportError:
    xls_export_available = False

> How can we raise error ?
We don't raise error, that's the point.

> We have to keep in try/catch somewhere.
Sure, but that can be at the toplevel.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~openerp-dev/openobject-client-web/export/+merge/41588
Your team OpenERP R&D Team is subscribed to branch lp:~openerp-dev/openobject-client-web/export.