Re: lp:~openerp-commiter/openobject-addons/trunk-dev-addons3-psi2 into lp:~openerp-dev/openobject-addons/trunk-dev-addons3

On Wednesday 05 January 2011, you wrote:
> The proposal to merge
> lp:~openerp-commiter/openobject-addons/trunk-dev-addons3-psi2 into
> lp:~openerp-dev/openobject-addons/trunk-dev-addons3 has been updated.

May I suggest an improvement ?

strftime('%Y-%m-%d') will only give "today" as a date, which may make tests a
bit too narrow.
We might need to find some more flexible solution, like the PHP function
"strtotime" that would take dates like "next Thursday" or "+16 days" and
produce meaningful dates that are also relative to current one (and /not/ all
the same).
As a dirty workaround, we might say strftime('%Y-01-01') but this may also be
in the past (OK for invoices, not for scheduling deliveries etc.)

http://www.php2python.com/wiki/function.strtotime/
http://www.egenix.com/products/python/mxBase/mxDateTime/ (says they have a
good parser, too)
http://coding.derkeiler.com/Archive/Python/comp.lang.python/2004-01/2925.html
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~openerp-commiter/openobject-addons/trunk-dev-addons3-psi2/+merge/45206
Your team OpenERP R&D Team is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~openerp-commiter/openobject-addons/trunk-dev-addons3-psi2 into lp:~openerp-dev/openobject-addons/trunk-dev-addons3.