Re: [Merge] lp:~openerp-dev/openobject-addons/6.0-bug-700928-jvo into lp:openobject-addons/6.0

Review: Needs Information
On a technical side:
Is there any reason why you are not using a fields.related instead of a fields.dummy for storing this tracking status? I think this has the same properties of needing no schema change but also means that the "tracking" field will have the correct value even when the form has just been (re)opened and the on_change has not fired yet?
I think this approach should have been used in the original trunk bugfix too.

On a functional side:
I'm not even sure this is a bug, as none of the Tracking checkboxes on a product mention anything about physical inventories. Therefore I wonder why this patch is based on "product.track_production" given that a physical inventory has nothing to do with a manufacturing order.
I think this needs to be discussed further before being applied... at the very least the tooltip of "product.track_production" should be modified.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~openerp-dev/openobject-addons/6.0-bug-700928-jvo/+merge/55334
Your team OpenERP R&D Team is subscribed to branch lp:~openerp-dev/openobject-addons/6.0-bug-700928-jvo.