lp:~openerp-dev/openobject-server/trunk-graph-schemas-fixes-xmo into lp:openobject-server

The proposal to merge lp:~openerp-dev/openobject-server/trunk-graph-schemas-fixes-xmo into lp:openobject-server has been updated.

Description changed to:

Tighten the subset of view schemas for the graph view:

* Explicitly specify possible values for arguments of `graph`
* Remove @color, which is unused and unspecified
* Specify `graph/field` as a self-contained element instead of referring to the global catch-all `field`, and specify the possible values for `field/@operator` and `field/@group`.
* Removed value `**` from `field/@operator` (it does not really seem to have any point). `*` might also be on the chopping block, not sure what use it could be apart from a ghetto `and`.
* graph[not(@type="bar")][field[@group]] does not validate anymore (having a grouping field in a pie chart makes no sense)
* Pie charts can't have more than 2 fields anymore

Issue remaining, but I have not found a way to solve it: theoretically, a bar chart should only accept:
* A base field used as the main axis (for grouping on)
* An optional grouping field (field[@group="True"])
* 1..n aggregate fields (for the columns, with an optional @operator)

My idea was to handle the last two cases with interleave and write something like:

    (element field {
         attribute group { "True" },
         field-attributes }?
    & element field {
         attribute operator { "+" | "*" | "min" | "max" }?
         field-attributes }+)

but it turns out RNG has a restriction against this pattern: you can't interleave elements with the same name.

For now, I've just created a group field, but that means you can put multiple group fields and no aggregate field in a bar graph view, which is not quite optimal.

I have yet to find a solution short of imposing order (e.g. mandating that the grouping field be the last one or the first one in the sequence).

For more details, see:
https://code.launchpad.net/~openerp-dev/openobject-server/trunk-graph-schemas-fixes-xmo/+merge/60789
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~openerp-dev/openobject-server/trunk-graph-schemas-fixes-xmo/+merge/60789
Your team OpenERP R&D Team is subscribed to branch lp:~openerp-dev/openobject-server/trunk-graph-schemas-fixes-xmo.