Re: [Merge] lp:~openerp-dev/openobject-server/trunk-bug-766944-ysa into lp:openobject-server

If you see such a specific flag, like 'update_custom_fields', you should ask yourself why it was needed and why removing it would be a bad idea. If you happen to convince yourself it is a good idea to remove it, you should add a comment explaining to other the reason, either on the merge prop or on the commit.

One reason it was needed is that it is possible to add a custom field on a model, and having that custom field point to a non-existing model (it is not a hard dependency in __openerp__.py).

Anyway, we will prefer to not _inherit those custom fields, see the origin bug report, I will write there the approache we will take.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~openerp-dev/openobject-server/trunk-bug-766944-ysa/+merge/61351
Your team OpenERP R&D Team is subscribed to branch lp:~openerp-dev/openobject-server/trunk-bug-766944-ysa.