openerp-dev team mailing list archive

Important coding guideline published: 2.9 Never commit the transaction!

Hello everyone,

I have just commited a few patches in server/trunk and addons/trunk to remove many of the cr.commit() calls, because most of them are not only useless but in fact create a lot of problems!

I hope I did not break anything, but it is really important that every developer understands why cr.commit() cannot be used.

Please read carefully the new guideline and make sure you understand it:
http://doc.openerp.com/contribute/15_guidelines/coding_guidelines_framework.html#never-commit-the-transaction

Don't hesitate to ask questions and discuss this guideline on this mailing-list.

Thanks!

--
Olivier Dony