openerp-dev team mailing list archive

Hiding act_window wizards in form views

Hello everyone,

Just a quick heads-up: I've just added support for a new attribute "multi" = True on ir.actions.act_window object (server-trunk rev 2881) This allows to hide the action in form view, and make it available only in list views.

You may specify it explicitly as a field on an ir.actions.act_window record, or pass it to the <act_window> tag.

Here's an example in stock/stock_invoice_onshipping_view.xml:

        <act_window name="Create invoice"
            res_model="stock.invoice.onshipping"
            src_model="stock.picking"
            key2="client_action_multi"
            multi="True"
            view_mode="form"
            view_type="form"
            target="new"
            id="action_stock_invoice_onshipping"/>

This is also support on reports and (old wizards), so you may also use:
     <report ... multi="True"/>

Please use this technique, we don't want to see anymore copy/pasted nonsense inheriting fields_view_get() on an object just to remove an action from the sidebar.

Thanks!