openerp-doc team mailing list archive

Re: Merging documentation changes from 5.0 to 6.0

Le 17/02/11 19:11, Don Kirkby a écrit :
> Any plans for ongoing merges from 5.0 to 6.0 documentation branches?

Not really, though in most cases it will make sense to merge the changes indeed.

BTW, the branch organization is a bit strange at the moment (since 5.0 used to be the trunk, while 6.0 was not). I propose to stick with 5.0 and 6.0 only, to avoid having another merge step between 6.0 and a trunk branch. Then when it becomes useful to write doc for 6.1, we can duplicate 6.0 and rename one of them to "trunk".

> Unless I hear different, I'll make changes in 5.0 and then immediately
> merge them into 6.0 (assuming the changes apply to the 5.0 version and
> are significant). I think with minor things like typos and formatting
> tweaks, I'll just apply them directly to 6.0 and let 5.0 begin to fall
> behind.

Sounds good to me, hopefully merging 5.0 into 6.0 should work without to much fuss and conflicts most of the time. For minor changes you can also merge them normally, but if you simply apply them on both branch it should not cause problems for later merges, as bzr will not conflict on exactly identical lines, even if changed in parallel.