openerp-doc team mailing list archive

Re: What is the best place for step-by-step tutorials (or Howtos) on a specific feature/module?

Le 08/03/11 16:55, Maxime Chambreuil a écrit :
Hello,

I thought this would be the right place to ask the question. I see
initiatives on the forums, on each contributor's blog or website, on
this project with OpenERP Tutorial.

What is labelled the "OpenERP Tutorial" on doc.openerp.com is the material for/from the actual OpenERP books (paper).

If you would like to expand this material in a way that is suitable for possible inclusion in a future printed book (along the same line as the current content), it definitely makes sense to add it in it, as this is the central OpenERP documentation.

However, in order to avoid having your work reverted later by our Documentation team, I would strongly suggest making a separate branch with a merge proposal (as you do for your code patches), for anything that is beyond typo corrections or translations. Once the proposal is ready, you can post here to ask everyone to review it, and get the approval of our documentation team. This is a best practice for the book/tutorial section of the documentation, as we are trying to keep its contents consistent and ready for print.

For the other sections, it is usually fine to commit your changes directly.

I hope this answers your question... ;-)