openerp-dutch team mailing list archive

Following-up to Dutch Community Meeting @OpenERP, June 2010

Hello everyone,

Vincent Dejans (my esteemed colleague, Account Manager at OpenERP) has asked me to follow-up on the meeting we had together with the Dutch Community, last June at OpenERP. He's very right, sorry for not providing more feedback about this earlier. Fortunately you probably already know about these achievements via the various Community channels (as you certainly noticed, we're now communicating much more with the Community)

Here are the main topics we discussed during the meeting with the Dutch Community, and their current status.

1) Localizations: we promised to try hard to include and certify all
localizations that are contributed by the community.

=> This has been done for many localizations, and includes the Dutch localization. Thanks to Jan for this! http://www.openerp.com/node/541

2) Licensing/Copyright: concerning AGPL, we promised to monitor the situation to make sure it does never backfire on customers/partners/community.

=> No issue there that we are aware of.

3) Scalability/Performance: we promised that we're hard at work to improve the situation, and asked to post any bug reports and patches the Dutch community has.

=> We did a lot of improvements there, and are still working on it.
There do not seem to be major pending bugreports/patches regarding performance from the Dutch community at the moment, and as we are closing the list of bug on LP, we'll soon be sure that none is left unnoticed.

4) Bug management: we promised to work on the bug management process to ensure bugs are handled and marked correctly and more quickly, and also ask for more participation of the community and explain the processes better.

=> This is ongoing. We have recently posted some numbers on the progress we're making in LP bug qualification (http://www.openerp.com/node/532), plus the updated documentation on Bug Management (http://doc.openerp.com/contribute/11_bug_tracker.html). We also introduced a new bug policy. As this raised complaints from the Community, we revised it!

5) Specific accounting bugs (year closing) from Dimitri.

=> Done a while ago, thanks for insisting on it! Any other similar bug should now be in the pipe or already fixed.

6) Driving community contributions more: we promised to work on this, but perhaps after v6.0.

=> Ongoing already: we already organized one Community Sprint week in october, with focused testing on v6 + work on merging/improving localizations.

Let me know if I forgot anything important...

I hope this shows how much OpenERP cares about its Community...
Of course our efforts will not stop there!