Trouble with accuracy and currency handling in the invoice process

Hi,

We're facing a big trouble with the accuracy system in OpenERP. I summarize here the bug report (https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-addons/+bug/452854).

Two problems here:

1. The validation of a balanced entry

Because the test in the code is : Raise an error if the difference is lower than 0.0001, we cannot encode some invoice !! See the bug report for details.

2. The precision trouble when working on only 2 digits in both DB and display

Because we store the rounded values into the DB, we can have some trouble when computing the debit and credit amount. A little example :

Tx : 1.527417 EUR -> CHF

Line 1 :  91.73 EUR		->	140.11 CHF
Line 2 :  63 EUR		->	96.23  CHF
Line 3 :  1144 EUR		->	1747.37  CHF

				TOTAL :  1983.71 CHF

But !! The total in currency is 1298.73 EUR -> 1983.702459 CHF, which is on 2 digit : 1983.70 !!!

=> 1983.71 != 1983.70

This cause the following trouble : The total amount of an invoice in company currency is NOT equal to the credit or debit amount on the payable or receivable account !!

I've no real solution to suggest and I hope someone does !

Thanks for your reply !

Regards,

--

Joël Grand-Guillaume