Re: https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-addons/+bug/560459

Stephane Wirtel escribió:
Hi all,

Please, Could you check the patch of Jay or propose an other solution ?

Thank you so much,

Stephane
(Just a copy & paste:)

Before applying that patch, you should take a look at this module: http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~openerp-spain-team/openerp-spain/5.0/files/head%3A/extra_addons/paydays/ <http://bazaar.launchpad.net/%7Eopenerp-spain-team/openerp-spain/5.0/files/head%3A/extra_addons/paydays/>

That module was developed to solve just this kind of 'unfriendly' behaviour.

Currently OpenERP calculates the next_date from the end of the current month begining of the next month:

   * If we use "-5" it means "five days before the end of the current
     month",
   * If we use "+5" it means "the fifth day of the next month";
   * _There is no way to say "the fifth day of __*this* month"._

That module (from the Spanish localization) extends the payment terms configuration to allow to select more than one payment date. So you may say for example that a partner has as payment days the 10th and the 20th of each month with just setting the 'payment days' to "15,20"; also, it solves my previous "the fifth day of this month" example by just setting the 'payment days' to "5".

Maybe the features of this module should be merged into the standard payment term object, or at least the module might be ported to extra-addons or addons (it's currently hosted on the openerp-spain branch).

P.D.: Jay be aware that your patch might break things for a lot of people that already configured their payment terms the old way.

--
Borja López Soilán
borjals@xxxxxxxxx

Pexego Sistemas Informáticos S.L.
Avenida de Magoi 66 - 27002 Lugo (España)
Tel./Fax 982801517
http://www.pexego.es