Re: general ledger optimization

I'm not seeing such queries, i only see queries for datetime at the end of each page. And i'm told it's fixed in

https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~openerp/openobject-server/trunk/revision/2109.1.3

I didn't check that patch but it seems to be working on trunk.

By setting type to raw we can bypass the pdf generation:

  create_pdf (openerp_openobject-server_trunk/bin/report/interface.py:185):
    101.898 seconds

  create_raw (openerp_openobject-server_trunk/bin/report/interface.py:214):
    29.347 seconds

More than 2/3 is spent for pdf generation.

On 05/26/2010 11:41 PM, Ferdinand Gassauer wrote:
On Wednesday 26 May 2010 17:49:19 Antony Lesuisse wrote:
On 05/26/2010 11:25 AM, Ferdinand Gassauer wrote:
  >  Am Freitag 21 Mai 2010, 11:24:17 schrieb Antony Lesuisse:
  >>  I'm working on the accouting reports, the first issue was the
  >>  performance of the general ledger report.
  >
  >  IMHO also c2c and OpenERP are working on this issue
  >
  >  for the RML engine itself pls see
  >  https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/581800
  >  a solution to this will boost performance

The problem is the rml and pdf engine (report lab code), not database
access as you can see in the latest profile below for 320 move_lines on an
atom cpu (of course this is much faster on a Core2Duo).
did you try
self.cr.sql_log = True
+ server in debug mode ?

I got a translate sql query for each cell of the report as described in
https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-server/+bug/581800
in the postgres pg_log directory