Re: Bank Statements & bank transfers between two OpenERP bank accounts

On 02/06/10 10:41, "Borja López Soilán (Pexego)" wrote:
> Hi OpenERP Accounting Experts! :)

Hi Borja,

> Today we have one question that we would want to discuss here (though
> we'll be posting the question and the possible answers
> <https://answers.launchpad.net/openobject-addons/+question/113211> to
> the LaunchPad Answers tracker too)://
>
> *How do you manage bank transfers between your own bank accounts (two
> bank accounts of your company) with the **OpenERP **bank statements?
> (same transaction on two bank statements, just one accounting move)
> *

My intuition would be that this must be managed with an interim account,
as you would do it for vouchers etc. (i.e. you don't need to modify the
system in any way.)

You can't directly make a move between you two GL accounts because this
is really done by the banks (even different ones). It could even be that
the money transfer is stuck for a while or even cancelled.

So to transfer from Bank Account A to Bank Account B you should in fact
have:
- one move from Bank Account A to Interim Bank Account (in one bank
statement)
- then when you receive the other bank statement you have another move
from Interim Bank Account to Bank Account B.

Of course you could also handle everything with manual entries, but
using bank statements should be fine with an interim account.

--
Olivier Dony