Re: Multi Currency in OpenERP

Sorry Maurice, but I am not agree with you.

You right, the currency on the journal is not really used now on OpenERP
(only for bank statement). In the futur, this field could be probably be
deleted.

But in fact the way it is done now in OpenERP is correct regarding the
invoicing => the currency is not liked to the journal (and should not), but
with the accounts. The secondary currency will force the entries to have a
currency amound and currency.

In fact the important thing to follow with multi-currency is : third party
account (debitor, creditor) and bank accounts => the way it is done now is
ok for that and your point 3 and 4 are ok now.

The main problems into openerp regarding muli-currency are :
- non-automatic calculation of the loss/win on currency (now you have a
write off which group exhange rate difference and other difference (tax,
interest. etc..) => Quentin and Fabien are agree to improve it, but non on
the 6.0 version, but in the 6.1 version....
- due amount on invoice is not correct if we have multi-currency
invoice/payment => it will be corrected for the 6.0 version
- no reevaluation of opened invoice when the exhange rate is modified
(provision pour perte de change) => it could be a module
- cost accounting is not multi-currency available (camptocamp have done
something for the 5.0 version and we will do it for the 6.0)

Regards

Luc Maurer

--

Camptocamp SA