[6.0] Bank and cash journals are defined as refund journals

Hi,

In OpenERP 6.0, the chart of accounts wizard creates bank and cash journals as refund journals. We set up our tax definitions so that a purchase return subtracts the VAT amount from VAT receivable. Now, this is what actually happens when we pay a regular purchase directly from cash (instead of adding to VAT receivable which you would expect), when entered manually as a set of journal items.

When we modify the database and change the cash journal into a regular journal, everything works as expected. Of course, should a purchase return payment ever be received into the cash account, we would need to set up a separate Cash Return journal.

Judging from the code, the fact that bank and cash journals are defined as refund journals is completely unintentional. I have reported the issue here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-addons/+bug/741863. It has been set to undecided.

What do the accounting experts think of having bank and cash journals defined as refund journals?

Regards,
Stefan.

--
Therp - Maatwerk in open ontwikkeling

Stefan Rijnhart - Ontwerp en implementatie

mail: stefan@xxxxxxxx
tel: +31 (0) 614478606
web: http://therp.nl

Follow ups