Re: Year-end closing

Frederic,

First, thank you for your answer! As your team builds the CH
localisation, it is important to have a view from "the source".

Now, I agree that closing P&L accounts can be very confusing! I indeed
ended up with empty reports. Unfortunately, as I mentioned already,
putting the entries in the 13th period didn't help. I filed a bug report
a few months ago, but I am afraid it was left unanswered.

The reporting in very "weak" still, but we should hope for better! What
I would like to have in the end is a way to compute these sums and write
the net result at YE, passing through 9xxx or not. I find it handy for
later reports (the 9xxx accounts), you have a figure ready for the
margins, but it's not that useful...

I have the feeling that from an accounting perspective, writing the
retained earnings on 01.01 is not a good practice. i might be wrong...

I will also have a look to Pexego's module, maybe it will shed some more
light on the solution. I see that at least US, ES, IT, and CH use
similar closing...

thank you,
Bogdan