Re: Currency on an analytical account

Dear Maurice,

In the default configuration, this field is IMHO not really useful as his value is always related to the
analytic account currency, which cannot differ from the company one…

Moreover, I think that you can't even have different level with different currency in the analytic chart of
account (the computation will not convert the different currencies):

- Account A CHF
    - Account A.1 EUR
    - Account A.2 USD
           Account A.2.1 GBR

We solve this problem with one of our module called "analytic_multicurrency". It adds a "real" multi-currency layer
on the analytic line and account like we have it into the financial accounting.

Have a look on it. You can then have different analytic account, with different currency. And moreover, if people from
different company work on a same analytic account, it'll take care of the everything.

You can find it here : bzr branch lp:c2c-financial-addons/6.0

Regards,

Joël

Le 29 août 2011 à 17:12, TeMPO Consulting a écrit :

> Dear all,
>
> in V6 there is an "Account currency" field on an analytical account.
> What would be the usage of that ?
> Anyway I could not change it to anything else except the company currency.
>
> Many thanks for your feedbacks
>
> --
> Très cordialement
>
> Maurice MORETTI

> TeMPO CONSULTING Valparc 9, rue du Parc  67205 Oberhausbergen FRANCE
>
> Web   : http://www.tempo-consulting.fr
> email : mm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Tel      : 33 (0)3 88 56 82 10
> Fax      : 33 (0)3 88 56 46 64