Migrating historical document without generating accounting entries

Dear all,

We would like to get some insight as to how we can migrate historical document/data (i.e. non open/outstanding items) into OpenERP. We are still 'researching' the possibilities but so far there isn't one that is satisfactory as yet.

The key goal is to upload/import/migrate historical documents (e.g. sales order, invoice, payment, purchase order, etc.) into the system where specifically book-impacting documents (such as payment and invoice) shouldn't 'affect' the book. One thought that we are investigating is using macro with the assumption of having the ability to set the auto generated journal items to 'Draft'. However auto generated journal items seem to be set to 'Posted' states. Then the next approach is to set those posted journal items to 'Unposted' (using 'account_cancel' module and delete those entries). However, the entries can't seem to be deleted without canceling, say the invoice or payment documents that generate those entries.

Has anyone done this before? Would appreciate any thoughts and suggestions.

Thank you.

Regards,
Hery