Re: Secondary Currency for Liquidity Journals

Dear Vadim and Claude

I don't know what you mean exactly by revaluations (fx rate changes ?) but I still dont' see why this is related to the account Since everything is stored in the account item entry (booking amounts both in booking currency and functional currency) you can
revaluate what you want.
We are actually developing a project where we make huge use of foreign currencies and handle perfectly the revaluation without
the need to have a dedicated account for each currency.

To be clear, it is not that I don't want it to be configured the way you guys think it should do, I just want to avoid that this is the ONLY way The way it was in 6.0 leave the configuration open and both methods (yours and mine work)

Then I agree with Nhomar about portablility and that is my biggest concern;
6.1 is changing the behaviour of the software and this is simply not suitable for an industrial product (no matter what the product is)

Lastly, if this should be the designed behaviour then I don't understand why the user have to configure two times the same currency
(in the journal and in the associated account)

Regards

Maurice
Tempo.

Im totally agreed with you.

We have several accounting case where you need to have a journal with different currency on account.

BTW.

This new feature WILL generate a lot of backward incompatibility, and mathematically is probable a lot of mistakes, because even you can change from time to time currency on journal and or account and the calculation is doing a lazzy sum for ammount_currency.

We right now are working an a patch for improve __compute method, but we think this behaviour will bring A LOT of inconsistencies.

IMHO.

Currency in journal, needs to be done for one thing and on account for other ne, if we mix both fields this will try a lot of problem in configuration and migrations.

@odony or qdp what do you think?