Re: [Question #188378]: How the 'exchange rate' field should be used?

Question #188378 on OpenERP Addons changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/openobject-addons/+question/188378

Amit Parik (OpenERP) posted a new comment:
Hello Lorenzo,

'Exchange Rate (Currency)'   is totally new implementation for 6.1 and
it's working fine.

'Exchange Rate(payment_rate)' is displayed the currency rate of invoice
currency and voucher currency. I have attached video for this, So would
you please check it.

I have described two different scenario in video. First is simple, Which
is as normal (better to understand).

1st scenario:- I have created a invoice with CHF currency , then I have done a payment with EUR (through voucher).
Now we can see that the  'Exchange Rate' displayed '1.308600' which is exchange rate between Invoice currency (CHF) and voucher currency ( EUR Journal Currency ). Same as the payment rate currency.
We can also seen the difference amount as a 23.58 because 100EUR = 76.42 CHF .( So difference become 100-76.42=23.58)

2st scenario:- (Tricky) I have created a invoice with CHF currency. I have done payment with USD (thorough voucher).
See that 'Exchange Rate' displayed '1.018360' because it's calculated  exchange rate between CHF and USD.  (As per my configuration 1 CHF = 1.308600,  1 EUR= 1.2850 USD, So 1 CHF= 1.308600/1.2850 USD= 1.018360).
Now we can see 1.80 which is also proper based on calculation.

So all are working, Finally the aim of 'Exchange Rate(payment_rate)'
field is it's displayed the rate difference between invoice currency and
voucher currency.

That's why, this is not a bug and I am closing this issue.
Correct me If I am wrong!

Hope this will help.

Thanks for understanding!

--
You received this question notification because you are a direct
subscriber of the question.