effects of voucher cancellation, some confusion

Dear accounting experts,

I have noticed that there have been some changes in 6.0 to the bahaviour of unreconciled payment vouchers. Take for example revisions [1] and [2]: these are fixes of support cases that unfortunately are not on launchpad.

Basically after these commits if I cancel the payment  of an invoice, the state goes automatically back to 'open' whereas before that (before r5041 afaik) the user needed to press the 're-open' button especially for that. There was also a ticket of mine regarding that re-open button [3].

Moreover, in 6.1 the situation seems to be back to no automatic re-opening, and if we have a sale order in state "done" and the invoice payment is unreconciled, the order will still be "done".

My point is: what would be the expected behaviour when cancelling a payment? Since there are many similar bugreports, support tickets, commits more or less related to that, clarifying this could help. If there is some agreement, we could think about writing a test on that.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

lep

[1] http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~openerp/openobject-addons/6.0/revision/5041
[2] http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~openerp/openobject-addons/6.0/revision/5094
[3] https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-addons/+bug/807543

--
Leonardo Pistone              leonardo.pistone@xxxxxxxxxxx
Via Pasture Genovesi, 16 - 6949  -  Comano  -  Switzerland