Customer Deposits

Good afternoon,

I am looking for a method to accept a customer deposit, store that deposit
as a liability and later apply the deposit to an invoice.

The deposit account must be a liability account and the entries for the
workflow as follows:
*For the sale*
CR income (full amount)
DR Accounts Receivable (full amount)

*For the credit card payment of the deposit*
CR Customer Deposit (for deposit amount)
DR Credit Card Receivable (for deposit amount) - to be cleared later when
the settlement from the credit card company is received
*(I can change the account for the deposit to reflect the customer deposit
liability account with internal type set to Receivable)*

*For the credit card payment of the balance*
CR Accounts Receivable (for balance)
DR Credit Card Receivable (for balance) - to be cleared later when the
settlement from the credit card company is received
*(once I change the account for the deposit (to Customer deposit) the
system won't let me make this payment)*

*For the deposit being applied to the invoice*
DR Customer Deposit (for the deposit amount)
CR Accounts Receivable (for the deposit amount)
*(there is currently no way to apply this deposit that I have found)*
*
*
I have attempted to use Advance Invoice however that function doesn't not
allow for the storage of the deposit as a liability.

Any input or feedback is appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
*
*