Re: Average Purchase Price and taxes

Yes, you are correct. This is exactly what IAS-2 art.11 says. All costs including taxes are to be included, *except *those taxes that can be retrieved (in short, essentially just VAT and/or sales tax) that are excluded from the stock price.

However what I don't follow is that you seem to be having this behaviour in OpenERP (i.e. stock price is calculated tax included)? I honestly haven't noticed this, and don't have an OE server here to test.

If this is true it is grounds for a bug submission. It is entirely an accounting issue, and most legislatures around the world follow IAS, and many are in the process of harmonizing with IAS. In general, I believe that an international ERP should follow IAS in core modules, and deviate from them in i18n/l10n modules.