Re: Average Purchase Price and taxes

Hello,

As other feedback related to the Cost of Purchase: the "Landed cost"
(transport, handling and other costs directly attributable to the
acquisition of finished goods, materials and services) mentioned above.
I don't know any way to handle this with OpenERP. Should it be included in
this development?

Here is a draft specifications that we wrote 2 years ago but could not find
the opportunity to implement it:

*The cost of goods include the following expenses

   - Purchase Price
   - Related Cost
      - Ex-work charges
      - Freight charge
      - Transport from port to warehouse
      - Service
      - …
   - Import Tax

Constraints and working method No partial delivery (this is a
simplification)
There is one invoice for each product delivery. In case of partial delivery
(exceptional), the initial PO will have to be cancelled and replaced by 2
purchase orders instead. So, there is no partial reception.

At receptions, all costs are known
When receiving the products, all the amounts are already known.

Costs’ invoices are related to only one Incoming Product (Packing)
For example, the transportation invoice will be associated to only one
incoming product.

Make packing
The person who will record the Packing with the “Make Packing” function
will have to know all the expenses.

Allocation of the costs:

   - Related costs:
      - Import tax
      - Purchase Price

Voucher and Invoice of related costs must be associated manually to the
Incoming Products ( Packing)
On the Invoices and voucher of related costs, we need to mention the
“incoming product” (Packing). Then at reception of the products, those
invoices / vouchers should be taken into account to calculate the cost of
good in the page “Make Packing”.
ResultsWhen using the function “Make Packing / Product Received”, in the
view of the make packing, the following fields (readonly and calculated)
will be be added for each Stock Move Line:

   - Related costs (USD): based on the % of the purchasing amount of each
   product compare to the total amount of the PO and the total amount of the
   related costs. The amounts used are the one in USD from the account entries.

   - Import tax (USD): must be the real amount: calculated based on the
   purchasing cost and the import tax of the product.
   - Purchase Price (USD): from the purchase order line.

   - Total Cost of Goods: Calculated as the sum of all costs
   - Cost of Goods per Unit = Total Cost of Goods / quantity of products
   - Current Cost of Goods per Unit: current value in the form Product >
   Price

Best regards,

Jean-Chales Drubay
trobz.com