Re: Numeric Type in framework

A Dimarts, 2 de febrer de 2010, Nicolas Bessi va escriure:
> Hello,
>
> Lately there was a lot of bug reports and blueprints about rounding and
>  precision issues. I think this is symptomatic of a need/leak in the
>  framework, the support of a numeric type. I have written a blue print here
>   https://blueprints.launchpad.net/account-banking/+spec/numeric-type  and
>  I soon want to propose a branch for this point. But before providing some
>  code I want to have your advice on this blue print.
>
> I'm looking forward for you answers,

+1

The only thing I can suggest is to take performance into account. Some time
ago I made some tests using a Numeric type equivalent to PostgreSQL's NUMERIC
but in Python (sorry I can't remember the package I used for that). It was
much slower than float. I don't think it's going to be an issue in OpenERP,
but it might be worth keeping it in mind.

> Regards
>
> Nicolas

> Camptocamp SA
> Nicolas Bessi