Re: Doc of experimental features

On 17 Mar 2010, at 13:01 , Zyphos wrote:
> - "dynamic setting of debug", I think with such a feature the code will
> become a mess. Why not creating another level of debuging log instead ?

As far as I'm concerned, there is no way that plan is going to be
acceptable anyway.

There's already a migration plan for logging in openerp [0]. The
first step has already been taken internally (with a directive to stop
using netsvc.Logger.notifyChannel internally), the next step will make
xrg's plan redundant via:

* The enabling of logging's configuration server [1], we'll probably ship
  a CLI tool to call it easily
* The usage of logger hierarchies letting people target precisely the
  loggers they need
* Logger.isEnabledFor [2]

Note that sql logging can still be performed at a level lower than
logging.DEBUG, nothing is planned for that so far but it's certainly
possible.

0: https://lists.launchpad.net/openerp-expert-framework/msg00165.html
1: http://docs.python.org/library/logging.html#logging.listen
2: http://docs.python.org/library/logging.html#logging.Logger.isEnabledFor