Re: Summary of OpenERP report Engine Work Shop

On 04/22/2010 05:34 PM, Davide Corio wrote:
Il giorno gio, 22/04/2010 alle 17.14 +0200, Nicolas Bessi ha scritto:
It is true that Relatorio use Genshi, and it will probably be a
dependence of the new OpenOffice report engine.
But Genshi syntax is intend to be use inside OpenOffice document and
should not be exposed to developer or end user. It is just a
dependence.

We also have to keep in mind that relatorio is almost unmaintained.
AFAIK, only tryton guys are working on it (btw, they're doing a good job
and relatorio works pretty well).

If we have doubt about Genshi (which is one of the slowest template
parsers of the python world) we should seriously figure out to fork
realtorio and create a dedicate tool for openobject.

Guys,
here's a list of python template engines:

http://wiki.python.org/moin/Templating

According to their bencharks "Tenjin" seems to be the fastest and the more versatile since it can be used from python, ruby, php, js, and perl:
http://www.kuwata-lab.com/tenjin/

I never test it though and is still beta but we can give it a chance.

Cheers