Re: installation as a python package

Il giorno ven, 23/04/2010 alle 09.53 +0200, Zyphos ha scritto:
> One tip,
> you should use "setuptools "or "distutils" module instead of hard coded
> path like:
> server/setup.py @ line 124
>
>  openerp_site_packages = join('lib', 'python%s' % py_short_version,
> 'site-packages', 'openerp-server')
>
> more info at:
> http://guide.python-distribute.org/

Exactly, thanks

There's one thing left to say regarding this topic.
If we install OpenObject with "python setup.py install" we will find the
whole installation under /usr/local/lib or /usr/lib whom owner is root.
So, if we run openobject server as a non privileged user (like
"openerp"), it won't be able to compile *.pyc files.

In our production environments we install openobject inside a python
virtualenv owned by the user that will run openerp server. so in this
case we don't have any problem, but... following openobject's forum and
irc channel, many users install openerp under /usr and they obviously
cannot use document management system for example, because openerp
cannot create files and folder under that path.

--
Davide Corio
email: davide.corio<at>domsense.com