Re: hooks for easy extension

On 30/04/10 00:09, Ferdinand Gassauer wrote:
> please read
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/openobject-addons/+spec/hooks-extension
> and comment

Ferdinand,

As far as I can see this blueprint is explaining what we discussed
during the community days workshop, and the same thing I sent you an
example for by email. Correct?

In that case I can only agree that this is a good way to go when you
need to add clean extension hooks. This is the pattern we already use in
several parts of the code.

So for anyone that plans to create a module that needs this kind of
hook, please write a small merge proposal with this kind of refactoring
on the corresponding trunk branch, and we will be happy to merge it
quickly.
This is way better than copy/pasting complete methods.
You can even set dependencies in your merge proposals in LP in case you
need several successive refactorings like this.

Note: as we cannot arbitrarily define all the possible extension hooks
in addons, the idea would be to add them incrementally in this manner,
where the need is most dire.

--
Olivier Dony